Thursday, December 19, 2013

Days of Winter Holiday Trivia: Day 19



The Christmas tree, as we know it, is a 17th-century German invention. However, the use of a tree for decoration at this time of year has more ancient origins. Still, a decorated tree has become part and parcel of celebrating Christmas. As Christianity adopted the tree for its festival, its trappings were adapted to the newer religion. Many interpreters of Symbology believe that the number of Christmas tree ornaments was originally twelve. Your question for the 19th Day of Winter Holiday Trivia:
What is the esoteric meaning of these 12 ornaments used to decorate a Christmas tree?

See the notes below if you want to participate in my little contest and try to wind a gift card!


Contest Notes:

Remember, my 25 Days of Winter Holiday Trivia is an actual contest. If you want to participate, all you have to do is send me your answer to each question I've posted (and for which I have not yet posted the answer). I'll start posting answers on Wednesday, but will likely only go through the first week of trivia. So you still have time to go back through the posted questions and rack up some points.

Points? Yes! The three folks who rack up the most points in my trivia game will receive a gift card!

If you want to participate, simply message me your answers. Don't post in the comments unless you don't mind sharing your work. (Just DM me on Twitter, private message me on FB, or use the contact info on this blog to email me).

No comments: