Friday, September 03, 2010

Friday 80s Flashback for September 3, 2010

Facebook has made me a lazy blogger. Case in point: For several months now, I have been posting video links as "Friday 80s Flashbacks" ... but only on my Facebook page. I think it is high time I share those gems here as well, don't you?

Let's get started!



Flashback #1
: I'm not walking on sunshine just yet, but you might be after checking out the bouncy "Walking On Sunshine" by Katrina & The Waves.



Flashback #2: I love when 80s bands covered hits from the previous decade. Love & Rockets' take on "Ball of Confusion" was pitch-perfect for its time and it should have been even more of an anthem, reaching out well beyond the college radio crowd.



Flashback #3: Almost every word that Alison Moyet sings is true. And when she sang "We all need a love resurrection" in 1984, it's possible that she sang the greatest truth of her entire career in less than four minutes.

2 comments:

Randy said...

One 80's cover band that really captures the essence of the hit songs of the 80's is The Atari Age. With so many bands trying to recreate the sounds of the 80's, this band really does the decade a service! Check them out at http://www.theatariage.com

Brainwise said...

Thanks for stopping by. I'll try to check out the link you posted over the weekend.