Friday, May 06, 2005

Friday Pet Blogging (Sorry it's late!) | Peek

OK! OK! I'm sorry this is sooo late. I was not feeling well today. But, for the record, I was planning to do this bright and early. I was just not very bright when it was early.
Anyway...
Mrs. Brainwise loves pets. Just loves 'em. So much so that she has made something of a name for herself in the pet-sitting circles. (I don't know if there truly are such circles. But if there were, trust me ... she would be in the center. Oh, just work with me on this!) And pet-sitting usually requires house-sitting as well. Er, well, staying at the house to keep an eye on the pet in the evening. I don't know if Otis is jealous of the other pets, since he has never seen them, but he does know what the suitcase means.
"Mommy's not going to be here! Oh nooooooo!"
"I'm holding the jacket and this toothpaste box as my hostages."

Just look at his face! Click the pic for a larger version at Flickr. Oh my gods, he is just too cute. The little beast.

OK. So the pic does not exactly capture the "Oh No" aspect of his reaction to Mrs. Brainwise's upcoming departure, but trust me. He was bummed. He just got too distracted by the toothpaste box. He actually tried to get into it!

Of course, that's the shot I missed! :(

But Otis is truly missing his mommy. I don't stay in one place long enough for him to get a good snuggle going.

The Modulator has a compilation of today's pet posts from other bloggers. Previous Milo & Otis appearances on Prophet or Madman are indexed here ... just in case you missed one. And do keep your eyes peeled for the next installment of the Carnival of the Cats, served fresh every Sunday.
Photo Date: May 2, 2004

No comments: