Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Sign?

I saw this placard in the parking lot of the Borders Books and Music store on Route 309 (North Wales, PA) last night. I snapped the picture at 7:15PM. I don't know if the owner voted for Kerry -- or even if he/she voted at all -- all I know is that I was truly hoping that this discarded placard was not symbolic of the election outcome.

discarded 'Vote John Kerry' Placard

Can I console myself with the fact that my state, Pennsylvania, went with Kerry? I don't know that anything can console me right now. Oh, I know that neither candidate is the savior their campaigns (and supporters) tried to make them out to be. But there were some important issues on the line and I cannot help but think a second Bush term will do more harm than good for this nation ... and the world.

The Daily Snap photoblog nicely sums up many conflicting emotions with this entry.

No comments: