Monday, December 09, 2013

25 Days of Winter Holiday Trivia: Day 9 (and contest announcement!)




Before we get to today's trivia question, I have an important announcement: I've decided to make my 25 Days of Winter Holiday Trivia an actual contest. If you want to participate, all you have to do is send me your answer to each question I've posted (and for which I have not yet posted the answer). I won't post answers for days one through today until tomorrow or Wednesday. So you still have time to go back to the first question and rack up some points.

Points? What do I mean by "points"? Well, I've decided that to make this an actual contest, I need to award points and give out prizes. So, the three folks who rack up the most points in my trivia game will receive a gift card (I'm thinking ... Amazon, Starbucks, and ... something else).  I'll keep track of participants and their points via a spreadsheet on Google Drive. Not sure whether I'll post it publicly or not. I'm open to suggestions.

So, with that announcement, on to today's question!

Time to rack up frequent flyer points with the latest installment of trivia. Every Christmas, families and churches use poinsettias for decoration. Your question today: From where does this flowering plant hail?

Bonus question #1: Who is this flower named after?

Bonus question #2: What color are a poinsettia's flowers?


Remember, if you want to participate and complete in this trivia extravaganza, message me your answers. Don't post in the comments unless you don't mind sharing your work. (Just DM me on Twitter, private message me on FB, or use the contact info on this blog to email me).

Good luck folks!

In honor of yesterday's snow storm, I'll sign off with Sonic Tol-Fa's "Snō" from their 2002 release, Sugaure.

1 comment:

HeidiGolightly said...

Mexico; the US ambassador to Mexico; red