Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Days of Winter Holiday Trivia: Day 25



Today is the final day of my 25 Days of Winter Holiday Trivia. Soon, I'll be tallying the scores of trivia players and designating the three winners. Because today is likely to be very busy for many folks -- what with the unwrapping of gifts, hunting down batteries, and preparing family dinners -- I'll go a little easy on folks today. So, your question for December 25 is:
What is the Dutch name for Saint Nicholas, who fills the clogs of good children with gifts and candy? Hint: "Santa Claus" is derived from mispronouncing the Dutch name. 
Bonus question: For one extra point,  what three things did Scott Calvin (played by Tim Allen) do that forced him to become Santa (in the movie, "The Santa Clause")

Go ahead and submit your answer to today's and previous questions. See the notes below for details on how to participate in my 25 Days of Winter Holiday Trivia (and maybe win a gift card)! I'll post the answers and the winners later this week.


Contest Notes:

Remember, my 25 Days of Winter Holiday Trivia is an actual contest. If you want to participate, all you have to do is send me your answer to each question I've posted (and for which I have not yet posted the answer). I'll start posting answers on Wednesday, but will likely only go through the first week of trivia. So you still have time to go back through the posted questions and rack up some points.

Points? Yes! The three folks who rack up the most points in my trivia game will receive a gift card!

If you want to participate, simply message me your answers. Don't post in the comments unless you don't mind sharing your work. (Just DM me on Twitter, private message me on FB, or use the contact info on this blog to email me).

No comments: