Monday, December 16, 2013

Days of Winter Holiday Trivia: Day 16



It's day 16 in my 25 Days of Winter Holiday Trivia. That means, counting today, there are only ten days left! Your question today:
J.W. Parkinson did something in 1841 that forever changed Christmas, at least in the retail world. What did he do, and where did he do it?

For your musical number today, we have Neon Trees' Christmas single, "Wish List," which was released in November 2010. This tune is, appropriately enough, a love song, and a peppy little number at that. Despite the upbeat tempo, however, it is clear to me that this song is about the longing for someone who is not close by, and who may not be close anytime soon. Hence, he sings "Wish as I may, wish as I might | Grant me this one small wish | On Christmas night." If you like your holiday music with a little pop rock zip, you should add this number to your rotation.





Contest Notes:

Remember, 25 Days of Winter Holiday Trivia is an actual contest. If you want to participate, all you have to do is send me your answer to each question I've posted (and for which I have not yet posted the answer). I'll start posting answers on Wednesday, but will likely only go through the first week of trivia. So you still have time to go back through the posted questions and rack up some points.

Points? Yes! The three folks who rack up the most points in my trivia game will receive a gift card!

If you want to participate, simply message me your answers. Don't post in the comments unless you don't mind sharing your work. (Just DM me on Twitter, private message me on FB, or use the contact info on this blog to email me).

1 comment:

HeidiGolightly said...

First department store santa. In Philadelphia, I believe :)