Friday, July 22, 2011

San Diego Comic-Con 2011!


I am attending my first Comic-Con. I've been reading comics books since ... well, for a very long time ... and I'm a big fan of sci-fi and pop-culture. But I just never got around to traveling from PA to CA for this pop-culture Mecca.

Until this week, that is.



My first impression of Comic-Con was of waiting, waiting, and waiting in line. Think I'm kidding? Here is the line just to pick up my Thursday pass at two different points on Wednesday night:


This took up our whole evening! Now, I've been to Disney World in July, but this pre-registration line was the longest line I have ever experienced. The longest line of my life!

Thursday morning looked to be the same:



But the line to enter Exhibit Hall was not nearly as long as the pre-reg line, and soon we saw:


Here are a few shots from inside the Hall:
Optimus Prime reigns over the Transformers exhibit

The only good thing to come out of the Star Wars prequels: Jar-Jar's Head a la Lord Vader!


The highlight of my Comic-Con experience thus far has been the independent section of the Exhibit Hall. I met Brad Guigar of Evil Inc. and Scott Kurtz of PVP (Player Versus Player).



Most of my Comic-Con photos feature Mocha, our Gund monkey who usually accompanies my wife and I on trips. So if you want to get the full experience, visit Travels with Mocha or follow Mocha on twitter.

No comments: