Wednesday, November 28, 2007
A venturesome minority will always be eager to set off on their own, and no obstacles should be placed in their path; let them take risks, for godsake, let them get lost, sunburnt, stranded, drowned, eaten by bears, buried alive under avalanches - that is the right and privilege of any free American. -- Edward Abbey, author, essayist, and environmental advocate (1927-1989) Today's quotable is from Abbey's account of life as a park ranger in Utah: Desert Solitaire (1968). I have posted it as a humorous (i.e., tongue-in-cheek) response to a few folks I heard complaining of being provided"poor directions" to a weekend event.More Ed Abbey on the web:
Saturday, November 24, 2007
I have been most negligent in bogging generally, but my greatest infraction is the lack of Pet Blogging entries. And for that, I apologize. Today's (one day late) entry finds Otis mining the mists (myths?) of time to present an impression of the Gordian Knot:
And one by one, the pet blogging posts steal my sanity ...
More Pet Blogging
- See the Friday Ark, featuring a compilation of today's pet blogging posts, over at The Modulator.
- Check the M&O Archives for some previous Milo & Otis appearances.
- Carnival of the Cats, coming at you every Sunday.
- And one of the funniest/cutest/obsessivest (OK, I know that's not a word!) sites for cat photos, StuffOnMyCat.com is a must see. Take it from them: Stuff + Cats = Awesome!
- And for a funny and saccharin sweet photo collection of cat, kitty, and other critters that have been tagged with LOL, go see I Can Has a Cheezeburger? Really, these are good.
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Today is election day, and it's raining. I'm sure that will deter more than a few people from the polls, and that's a shame. Outside of the Philly mayoral race*, this election is already so low profile that I'm sure most folks are just skipping it. But I did my duty and cast my ballots. And, for the second time since I moved to my little town (2001), I was first at my local polling place!
* OK. So Nutter has an unprecedented lead going into the polls today. That doesn't mean it's a forgone conclusion. Does it? Does it?
Friday, November 02, 2007
I have updated the Sports category of my blogroll with several blogs for Penn State football. here's one for Lehigh University -- Mrs. Brainwise's alma mater).